Exam Prep Guide for AP* European History
The most well-respected, teacher-recommended guide to the AP European History exam is back and better than ever!
Written by a long-time leader in the AP Euro community, ACHIEVER is carefully constructed to the AP Euro course and exam to ensure a standard of excellence that far surpasses the “premium” products that big-box publishers crank out year after year. The new Third Edition, now published by Sherpa Learning, has been updated to align to the latest College Board standards for the redesigned course, and expanded to include hundreds of new test items complete with answer explanations and sample responses.
- Two complete Practice Exams that surpass the competitors in likeness to the actual AP Exam
- Four Diagnostic Exams aligned to the four historical time periods of the course, each featuring 30 Multiple-Choice, 2 SAQ(s), 1 DBQ, and 2 LEQs
- Review tests at the end of each chapter that include 8-10 Multiple-Choice and an SAQ or LEQ with sample responses
- Detailed answers and explanations for every Multiple-Choice, and sample responses with scores and analysis for every SAQ, DBQ, and LEQ
- Each test item is correlated with the latest edition of the course themes and key concepts from the College Board
- A more-detailed index makes this text a better reference tool, useful for researching and gathering evidence for essays and other course projects
- Dozens of primary and secondary sources
- Essential timelines of key events and themes
- Guidance and resources for exam preparedness
View the sample chapter for a look at how ACHIEVER covers the French Revolution and the Era of Napoleon, 1789-1815.
About the Author
Christopher Freiler has taught Advanced Placement European History at Hinsdale Central High School in Hinsdale, IL, since 1993. Additionally, he has taught Philosophy Honors since 2003, a course he proposed and developed. He has been involved with the national AP program since 1997, serving as a workshop consultant and in leadership positions for the annual exam scoring, the re-design of the AP European History course curriculum, and in test development. Chris earned his B.A. in History at Northwestern University, M.A. in History at University of Virginia, and M.A. in Philosophy at Northern Illinois University.